Wednesday

What I've Learned

To begin, media is much larger than I ever imagined, nor can I even comprehend how large it will be in the future. 


1. The first thing I have learned is the history of media. Learning about papyrus and the ancient Egyptian writing laid out a foundation as to what media derived from. Also learning about the early inventions like the printing press helped to me understand how the media we have today started.


2. The second thing I learned in this class was, how far media has come and much further we are going with it. Today we have social media sites like Facebook that allow people from all over the world to communicate with each other through the internet. We’ve gone from not knowing much about the world in ancient times, to being able to look up a global satellite on the internet and see other country with the click of a button. We can capture images in vivid details, and smart phones that allow us to download thousands of different applications, do so many different things as well as take high resolution pictures within such a small devise.


3. The third thing I’ve learned is, that the fast expansion of media can be something to fear. There are many conspiracy theories linking social media, and a lot of electronic devises to the government. I’ve learned that having everyone closely utilizing the world of media, some people may be able to take advantage of that fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment