Hi, I'm Jess and welcome to my blog. This blog was originally for a media class I took, but I've decided to change it up a bit and make it a little more personal. I do intend to post things related to media, technology and other things I find interesting in my life. I love art, music, learning new things, and meeting new people!
Wednesday
The SIM Card
SIM stands for Subscriber Identity Module. These are often found in cellular devices today. This devise securely stores the service subscriber key or the mobile identification device on a phone. A SIM card can be transferred from one mobile device. Each card contains a unique ID number. The first SIM card was made in 1991 by Munich Smart Card Maker and was made for Finnish Wireless Co. Today SIM cards are found in pretty much any mobile device apart from phone from Verizon. SIM cards can hold information like, phone numbers. We use the cards to identify the company as well as identify the phone. The SIM card can also hold a number of SMS or text messages sent by that phone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment