Hi, I'm Jess and welcome to my blog. This blog was originally for a media class I took, but I've decided to change it up a bit and make it a little more personal. I do intend to post things related to media, technology and other things I find interesting in my life. I love art, music, learning new things, and meeting new people!
Wednesday
Conference Calling & Video Conferencing
Conference calling is where is call is placed and wishes to have more than one person in on the phone conversation. There also three-way-calling where only 3 people are in on the same conversation. Participants are usually able to call into their conference calls. There are different types of conference calling some included for business meetings, flat rating calling, party lines, prepaid conference calls, free calls, and premium calls. Another thing that has become more recent in relation to conference calling, is video conferencing. Conference calling through video allows participants to have more personal interactions and in more locations by using interface telecommunications devises. Simple invention of videoconferencing was established around the same time that the TV was invented. By the 1990s IP or internet protocol conferencing was made available. Conference calling has expanded media in the way that more people are able to receive the same message at the same time with much efficiency. People all over the world are able to communicate with each other and now with video capabilities people are able to share information face to face. We now have free applications along with the internet like Skype and other video chatting downloads.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment